Explore the fascinating world of paper, from fine stationery to secrets about the most famous of Crane’s papers, United States currency.
Enjoy a tour of the history of Crane including the production of currency paper starting in 1775 up through current anti-counterfeiting technologies. End your tour with a papermaking demonstration and paper decorating for all ages. Please note there is no guest papermaking at this time.
All ages are welcome but the museum is most enjoyed by those aged 7 -107!
Admission is free (donation suggested).
The museum will be open for a limited number of tours in June and July 2021. All tours are 90 minutes and must be pre-booked. Each tour will include a maximum of 10 guests. Please read our Code of Conduct notice; all rules will be strictly enforced.
TOUR DATES AND TIMES:
Saturday, June 5th –August 14th 9:30-11, 11-12:30, 12:30-2
Monday – Friday, June 14th -August 13th 12:30-2, 2-3:30, and 3:30-5
(Please note dates and times may be subject to change.)
Reserve online: Click here to reserve your tour online!
Reserve by email: Please send us an email. Include your name, the names of everyone in your group, your phone number, and your preferred date and time. You will receive a reply email.
Reserve by phone: Call the museum at 413-684-6380. Leave a message including your name, phone number, the names of everyone in your group, and your preferred date and time. You will receive a return phone call.
Please note that email requests may be filled before phone requests.
Code of Conduct
To ensure the health and safety of all, visitors are required to follow our Code of Conduct:
- All museum visitors 2 years of age and older are required to wear a face covering while inside the museum.
- Visitors must practice safe social distancing – keep 6 feet between you and anyone who is not part of your family unit.
- Visitors will be asked to confirm that they have not had any fever or flu-like symptoms in the 48 hours before their visit or had contact with anyone that has COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Guests are required to have a hands-free temperature check before entering the museum.
- Museum visitors who experience any fever or flu-like symptoms while at the museum are required to inform museum staff.
- Visitors who have any flu-like signs or symptoms or have been in contact with anyone that is believed to have Covid-19 are required to reschedule their visit.
- Guests who are visiting from out of state, or who have recently traveled outside of Massachusetts, must certify that they are in compliance with current Massachusetts travel guidelines.
- When making a reservation, visitors must provide contact information as well as the names of everyone in their family unit. This information is private and will only be shared with the local Board of Health if contact tracing is necessary.
Not sure what symptoms might be COVID? Click here to learn more from the CDC.